10.13.2010

V-Necks & Electro-Hop

Ayre here, today I got a track sent in from one of the homies from Flight School, Von hisself. Von is a budding hip-hop artist just hittin' LA. To keep the vibe, today I'm including some fresh new hip-hop, including some of my own Intro-edits for the DJs out there. And of course, when playing rap, I gotta include a track from the Sultan of Smoke, Wiz Khalifa.


Von - V-Necks & Cigarettes
Up and coming artist from the City of Angels, track hits hard with an old school beat. Add this to your collection of Aston Martin music.


Rick Ross - Aston Martin Music (Remix Feat. Drake & Chrisette Michele)
Speaking of Aston Martins, here's a remix Officer Ricky's silky banger featuring the best female vocals since Empire State of Mind. Chrisette Michele steals the show on this track, despite hard verses from Drake and Rick Ross. This is my favorite hip-hop instrumental right now (mad ups to beat giants J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)


Wiz Khalifa - Ink My Whole Body (DJ Ayre Intro)
Reppin' Pittsburgh hard, Wiz is one of the most under-appreciated artists of the moment. I've been following him since his breakout anthem Say Yeah (which is late I know, but I'm making it up now). Ink My Whole Body is one of the hardest tracks to rock with now, and just as catchy as Cee-Lo's most recent summer smash. The Taylor Gang's aptly titled mixtape "Everything Taylored" is fire, be sure to peep it on Khalifa's site.


Audio Push - Up & Down (DJ Ayre Intro)
Here's one of my personal intro edits to a grown and sexy track from Jerk All-stars Audio Push. It's got smooth vocals and a killer beat, this one is made for the radios and late night VIP-room.


Chiddy Bang - Breakfast (Issac Jordan Edit)
The East Coast's next big duo, and current Space Cadets up at Flight School, Chiddy Bang first caught our attention with Opposite of Adults, the huge track that samples MGMT's Kids. This is the latest of their funky electro-hop instrumentals, featuring some beautiful Alt-pop-esque female vocals from the U.K.'s Kate Nash. Keep an eye on these two fellahs, I suspect we'll be hearing a lot more from these stellar students.


Kanye West - Christian Dior Denim Flow (Feat. Kid Cudi, Pusha T, John Legend, Lloyd Banks, & Ryan Leslie)
My personal favorite from a spree of new tracks from the King of Chi-town, this heater features some of the illest names in the game, and several illustrious alums from Flight School. Foremost is Pusha T with a doctorate in hustle, from the Clipse & The Re-up Gang. Pusha T kills it on the track, but graduated Space Cadets Kid Cudi & John Legend throw it down hard too.


Bassnectar - Bass Head (King Fantastic Remix)
King Fantastic has one of the most creative aliases I've heard in a while, and he delivers on the Fantastic. Rapping over one of the sicker beats from Flight School friend Bassnectar, the King kills it. A necessity for any forward-looking DJ.


Bonus:

Bassnectar
- Bass Head (Sam Adams Remix)
Another rapper spittin' on Bassnectar's heater, Sam Adam lays it down well, but I gotta say, King Fantastic's rhymes blow it away. Enjoy both and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment